Tuesday, February 26, 2008
Wednesday, February 20, 2008
Icahn Get FTC Okay To Raise CSX Stake
The approval would let Icahn buy between $418.6 million to $1.6 million of CSX stock, according to Bloomberg, which cited a company spokesman.
At 12/31, Icahn Capital held 2.9 million shares of CSX of 0.69%.
CSX has been the target of another activist investor, The Children's Investment Fund.
Friday, February 15, 2008
Loeb's Third Point LLC Shows New Stake in AK Steel (AKS), Raises CCU, Lowers DDS
Here are a few highlights:
* New 700,000 share stake in AK Steel Holding Corp. (NYSE: AKS)
* Raises stake in Clear Channel Communications Inc. (NYSE: CCU) from 2,750,000 to 3,500,000
* Lowers stake in Dillard's Inc. (NYSE: DDS) from 2,400,000 to 1,750,000
The full summary of Loeb's 13F is available at our main site here
Lampert's RBS Partners Shows New Stake in Acxiom (ACXM), Admits Defeat in Citi
Here are a few highlights:
* New 3,293,989 share stake in Acxiom Corp. (Nasdaq: ACXM). Eddie had shares of 2,948,989 shares at September 30, 2007, but the stake was just disclosed yesterday in an amended 13F filing after confidential treatment expired.
* Citigroup (NYSE: C) lowered from from 27,787,069 shares to 19,083,800 shares. Eddie got killed in this stock.
Thursday, February 14, 2008
Buffett's Berkshire Shows Big Stake in Kraft Foods (KFT)
* New132,393,800 share stake in Kraft Foods (NYSE: KFT)
* New 1,510,500 share stake in GlaxoSmithKline (NYSE: GSK)
* Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) stake raised to 289,259,868 shares
* Iron Mountain Inc. (NYSE: IRM) stake cut from 9,047,850 shares to 4,663,900 shares
Labels: Warren Buffett
Icahn's Latest 13F Is Out (JCP, M, GENZ)
Labels: Carl Icahn
Wednesday, February 13, 2008
D. E. Shaw Discloses 5.7% Stake in Orient-Express Hotels (OEH), Expresses Concerns With Share Structure
Monday, February 11, 2008
Richard Breeden's Next Target: Steris Corp. (STE)
Breeden's firm noted that their firm has had conversation with the company's management and non-executive chairman and plan to continue to pursue ongoing discussions. The firm said discussions to date have related primarily to the business, financial performance, capital allocation, operations, strategic plans and disclosure practices of the Company. The firm said they may also communicate with the board of directors and/or other shareholders from time to time with respect to operational, strategic, financial or governance matters, or otherwise encourage actions that the Reporting Persons believe in their discretion will enhance shareholder value.
Wednesday, February 06, 2008
Cypress Semi (CY) Said It Will Explore an Acquisition of Simtek (SMTK)
Cypress said such explorations and discussions could result in a transaction in which Cypress obtains control of the Company through a merger, acquisition of stock or otherwise or could result in a purchase of a division or business of the Company. However, there can be no assurance that any transaction will occur.
Monday, February 04, 2008
Greenbrier (GBX) Soars As Icahn Scoops Up Shares, Recommends Merger With American Railcar (RAIL)
Icahn disclosed the stake in a 13D filing through Longtrain, which is wholly owned by American Railcar. Mr. Icahn beneficially owns approximately 53.7% of the common stock of American Railcar.The filing showed Longtrain was an aggressive buyer of Greenbrier in January, buying the full 1,530,000 share position from 1/08-1/25 at prices from $17.60 to $19.54 per share.
Shares of American Railcar are up 14%.
Greenbrier has yet to comment on the filing.